Saturday, November 20, 2010

Favorite Fall Finds


Collectively this season, I’ve identified some major favoritism going on in my makeup collection.  I’ll share some of my cherished treasures with you right now. Honestly there hasn’t been a single time this fall that I have put on makeup without reaching for at LEAST one of the of these.  Some are higher end products and some you can find at your local drugstore.  These are not in any particular order.












MAC Eye shadow in Mulch: $ 14.50

This eye shadow is a Velvet finish. It’s a reddish brown with bronze sparkles. It is SO pretty. I love this for a contour for just about any shadow at the moment.











  
MAC Eye shadow in Satin Taupe: $ 14.50

This eye shadow is a must have for everyone. If there was only one shadow to own from MAC, this is it. I put that much faith in it. It is SO versatile and looks great on everyone’s skin.  It is a shimmery silvery brownish purplish taupe and can be used on its own or as a contour.  Don’t let the fact that it’s a frost finish put you off. You don’t have to “Snookie it up” to pull off this shadow. 



















Cover girl Drama Eyes Palette: $ 5 – 7.00

What can I say besides GREAT bargain?  Actually, I can say a whole lot more. This product is one of the best eye shadow palettes I’ve found in a drugstore. You get 4 really pigmented, beautiful, silky colors. Covergirl has really improved their formula over the years so if you are afraid to try it, you should give it  a chance. With a deal like this you can almost risk not liking it. You will love it though. You have a nice white, black and silver color.  Instant Smokey eyes anyone?  To be festive, and why I’m loving this SO much this season though is for the fourth color.  No one can deny this beautiful reddish berry color is an exact dupe for MAC’s Cranberry.  This color is gorgeous. You can’t go wrong with this palette.

















  
Maybelline Colorsensational lipstain in Touch of Toffee: $ 5- 7.00

Finally, a good drugstore lipstain! I was so excited when I tried this that I ran back to the store to get whatever other colors I could find.  This stuff really holds true to its purpose.  It goes on evenly and dries quickly. It looks like a stain. It doesn’t go on patchy or wear off in areas. You can layer it to get a deeper affect if you want, use it as a lipstick base, put a pretty gloss over it, or wear it alone with a little balm (my favorite.)


















Mac lipstick in Viva Glam Cyndi: $ 14.50

This is my red.  I’m timid when it comes to red lipstick but this color is so flattering on everyone.  It’s one of those “foolproof ones.”  It’s a little sheer which is exactly what I want. Probably more beautiful than the color is that every penny from the sale of this lipstick goes to help with the research against HIV/AIDS..














Nyx blush in Espresso:  $ 6 – 9.00

Love this one…  It’s a mauve-y color and perfect for fall. I love this very lightly just below the apples of my cheeks in that “ C “ area or as a contour.   It has the most minute amount of shimmer and it really doesn’t transfer to your cheeks or face.















ELF studio Blush in Berry Merry: $ 3.00

GOURGOUS! I honestly am IN LOVE with this. I mean seriously… three dollars??  Its beautiful. If you are sparkle shy then look away. This blush may contain sparkle content not appropriate for all consumers… haha. I love it.  Seriously, this is a great blush.  It’s a mauve dark pink with tons and tons of gold shimmer and sparkle.  It’s so pigmented that it will probably last a few days past forever.  This will definitely be a favorite for a while to come.

As I said before. These products are amazing. If you are looking for some great fall staples, try some of these. 


No comments:

Post a Comment