Friday, February 4, 2011

NYX Pearl Mania Pigments Storage and Review

NYX is a great Lower end makeup brand.  It’s really a shame that drugstores don’t carry it. You can however, find this brand at your local ULTA and online. I love their mosaic blushes and a lot of their single eye shadows are exact dupes for MAC shadows. They are very pigmented and packaged cutely.

Today I wanted to review and show you a way that I store my NYX Pearl Mania Loose Eye shadow pigments.  These are around 3 dollars each. They are tiny but there is so much product inside these little jars.  The formula is very pigmented and beautiful. You can use them wet or dry and there are 30 lovely colors to choose from.


The problems I have found with these pigments (as with any pigments) is that they tend to be very messy. For most people who dabble in makeup though, they are worth it once you get the hang of them. The big problem with this particular brand and product is the packaging.  Although it is cute and adorable… It is very impractical. The only brush you can get in there is a liner brush so you are forced to dump a bit of product out while making a mess and losing product.

My solution came in the form of a 7 dollar container purchased at Wal-Mart that is meant to store beads.


This clear box came with 24 small gram jars with screw on lids, and a lid for the box. I can store it sideways alongside my palettes. I just dumped the jars into their own gram jar. The lids are secure and they are the PERFECT size.  I’m sure you can find this container at most craft stores. I do not know the exact size of the jars but I think they are all about the same.



 The only problem is, I didn’t label these jars. You could easily get some round tags and type or write the names on them, or you could peel the name off the jar and stick it to the gram jars.  Either way, I wasn’t concerned with the product names.

Here are a few random swatches of some of the pastel colored pigments.

No comments:

Post a Comment