Thursday, February 24, 2011

OPI "Black Shatter"

Okay, so not everyone may remember the crackle polishes from back in the day? Which day? The 90's. Covergirl made a big fat fail polish that was supposed to crackle. Recently, BarryM made a great one. Now the major league polish companies are catching on. OPI released their first ever crackle polish in the new Katy Perry collection. Basically, you put down a base coat and let it dry completely, then you put a layer of the crackle polish over it and it cracks right in front of your eyes.  Then I suggest putting a thick top coat over top such as Seche Vite.



This is OPI's Black Shatter crackle polish applied over top of China Glaze's Snow (just a shiny opaque white) and topped off with Seche Vite quickdry topcoat.

OPI has announced that they will be coming out with some more colors very soon.




On that same note, China Glaze, my holy grail nail polish company... has also released a crackle polish line. They have 5 or 6 colors I believe. I know they have a black, white, pink, grey, and purple for sure. I have heard from multiple accounts and seen first hand that the purple does not do right. The pink is AWESOME. The black is the same as OPI's and I don't know yet about the others. I went today and purchased the pink and grey so I will be reviewing those for you soon. By the way... As you can see the crackle is sort of latteral? This is because I just did a thin layer like you would normally paint your nails. If you kind of zigzag the polish then you will get more random cracks. Make sure you use the sheerest layer possible though to get the most crackle. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, them nails will trip you out if you stare at them long enough!!!! Dang!!!! <3 I love it *)

    ReplyDelete