Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lush Lashes for the Holidays

Everybody wants nice glamorous lashes for the holidays. Most girls allow themselves a little extra sparkle around Christmas. We want to look special and festive.  A lot of people will amp it up with false lashes. I personally am very picky about falsies. I would wear them everyday if I could find a nice VERY natural looking pair but for now, I wear them when I want to go out. Some people will wear them 2 or 3 times in their life. Maybe prom, stage performances, weddings? If you want something to make you feel beautiful and amplify your eyes, I would encourage you to give some falsies a shot.

I love LOVE MAC lashes, they have a fabulous assortment but I gotta share with a gem I found. NYX sells some great lashes. They have 90 different styles. I have tried a few and I have loved them all. The regular ones are around 5 dollars, compared to $15 for MAC. The theater/costume ones are around 10 dollars. Here are two I've tried and loved.
These are stock number EL 101 "Nirvana"

These are stock number EL 110 "Illumination"

Also, Although it is possible to work with the glue that comes with them, I use a separate glue that I purchase for around 4-5 dollars. It is by Revlon. It shows up blue when you apply it to the black lashes but dries clear.  It really holds all day, is easier to apply with the brush, easy to see because of the color, dries completely clear, and removes like a dream when I am ready to take off the lashes.
Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive

Wanna know how I apply mine? It is honestly, not as hard as people make it seem.

Step 1: Curl your own natural lashes

Step 2: Mascara your natural lashes as you usually would

Step 3: Line your top lash line as close and evenly as you can with a dark liner (This step is VERY important)

Step 4: Brush on a nice even line of the lash glue onto lash rims

Step 5: Gently blow on glue and wait about 20-30 seconds for glue to get tacky.

Step 6: Start at corner of eye (look down into mirror) and apply lashes (longest lashes go on outside corner)

Step 7: Gently push lashes down, as close to the lash line as possible. You may want to use a cutlicle stick or something for this step, just be careful.

VOILA! Enjoy your long, full, beautiful lashes. 
Hope this helped, be on the look out this month for a post on my fave, and fail, mascara reviews. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment